To make some pickled green beans, enough to fill a fat sized Claussen pickle jar:
- Cut off the end of the beans
- Boil them for 1 min
- Place them in ice water bath
- Boil your jar
- Boil 1 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water* along with some S&P
- Take the boiled jar outta the water after like 5 mins
- Put some mustard seed, one large chopped garlic clove, S&P, and chili peppers (if you like it spicy) into your clean jar
- Put in da beanz
- Put in da boilin’ liquid
- Close it up real tight! Refrigerate. Wait 7 days (or more) and MUNCH!
*I used 1/2 cup white wine vinegar and 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar. I am not sure how this will go over. A safer bet would probably be plain white vinegar or apple cider vinegar. If I were not lazy, I would have gotten myself down to the grocery and bought the proper ingredients…. But I’ll let you know how these taste. Whatever you choose, I am pretty sure the amount of liquid should be equal parts vinegar and water.
We’ll test these buggers next Monday! (I made them on Friday so technically, I’ll have let them sit like 9 days, but K & I are finding that longer pickling = more dericious taste.)
I’m going to make this. It sounds delicious.