Churros with Chocolate dipping sauce by Simply Delicious
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (I used salted butter, if you use unsalted add a pinch of salt to the batter)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- oil for frying
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 100g (3.53 ounces) dark chocolate
- 50ml (1.69 fluid ounces) cream
- Start by making the chocolate sauce and the cinnamon sugar. Simply melt the chocolate and cream together and set aside. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, butter, sugar and salt. Allow the butter to melt and stir everything together.
- Sift in the flour and stir until a ball starts to form.
- Transfer the mixture to your stand-alone mixer or to a separate bowl if you are using a hand-held blender.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place enough oil into a pot to fry the churros and allow to heat.
- Start beating the dough and add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. The mixture will become slightly sticky and more like a batter, but still thick.
- Place the batter into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- When the oil is hot, pipe long shapes into the oil and allow to fry until golden brown, flip them over and fry on the other side.
- Continue until all the batter has been used.
- Coat the churros in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm with chocolate sauce.